Al Yasat Private SchoolIn this section
Al Yasat Private School High School’s Scholarship Program
Understanding the cost of educating a child, Al Yasat Private School aims to offer all families the opportunity to participate in the learning program provided. In doing so, the school aims to promote high academic standards and encourages, through this program, students of high academic ability to apply.
Availability of Scholarships
Academic scholarships will be offered to all students entering Grade 9-11 in the 2019/2020 academic year. The scholarships are for tuition fees only and will be available based upon the following:
- Availability of places for all students both current and new to the school
- The children or relatives of employees of the school or its subsidiaries are not eligible to apply.
- There will be 3 scholarships for each of the above grades based upon the scholarship program’s terms and conditions.
- Each scholarship receives 50% full scholarship
Academic scholarships do not cover transport, extracurricular activities, field trips, book fees or uniform costs.
Al Yasat Private School’s Scholarship Program
Terms and Conditions
Applying for a Scholarship
Parents interested in their child/ren sitting for the scholarship test must apply by completing the scholarship application form and providing the requested documentation. If a student is new to the school, they must also complete the school’s registration form. The children or relatives of employees of the school or its subsidiaries are not eligible to apply. Scholarship applications close on Thursday 23 January, 2019.
Applicants wishing to be considered for an academic scholarship should:
- Complete the school registration form (if new to the school), the scholarship application form and provide the last three report cards from their previous school.
- Based upon the report cards, the applicant must have a minimum of 90% attainment in English, Mathematics and Arabic
- Selected applicants (that meet point 2) will be invited to sit the online Mathematics and English international exams.
- The school’s scholarship committee will review the results of the exams and will make recommendations to the School Board based upon points 2 and 3. The School Board will take this under consideration before providing final approval of the scholarship to the successful applicants.
- Successful scholarship winners will be required to sign an undertaking to maintain high academic achievement to the minimum of 90% as reported on their grade report cards. Failure to maintain the high academic standard may result is a loss of scholarship rights.
- All current eligible students and students new to the school will undertake the same process as outlined.
- Outstanding student behavior and moral character are required to maintain the scholarship. Extensive behavioral issues may result in the loss of the scholarship.
- The school reserves the right to resend the scholarship at anytime without notice.
- In order to maintain fairness and equitable treatment for all the school will present to the Board the list of students to be offered scholarships. Final approval will be given by The Board.
- All scholarship awarded must bear the signature of the Chairman of The Board only. All decisions by The Board are final.
- The children or relatives of school employees or its subsidiaries are not eligible for the scholarship.
The Deadline for Submission of all supporting Documents and the Application Form is 21st June 2018.
The Application Form should be sent for the attention of the Principal.
To streamline the Application Process please complete all sections of the Application Form fully and include the following documentation:
- Copies of your Academic Qualifications for the last two years
- Proof of your involvement in extracurricular activities /community service/any other achievements in the last two years.
- Copies of any other supporting documents
Taking the Scholarship Test
Scholarship testing for the 2018/2019 academic year will be held on Saturday 25 January 2020. The test will begin at 9:00 am and will finish approximately 12:00 noon. Students are required to be present at school at 8:30 am in preparation for the test.
Terms & Conditions
Recipients of the scholarship must adhere to the following:
- Completion of the academic year
- Minimal absenteeism
- Maintaining a 3.0 GPA or higher